100 Followers Giveaway!
So I’m sure you guys know the basics of giveaways, so I’m going to let you know what’s special about mine.
- This is for making 100 followers, so if you’re not one of the 100 followers I currently have (and I just took screenshots), this is off limits to you.
- RL friends who are following me are welcome to join in. You won’t get anything special from me, since you’re probably all people from CHS who I have started ignoring except on tumblr because I don’t come home often enough.
- There is no limit to the number of reblog this can have. That being said, please be reasonable. I’ll do my best to check for all the reblogs, and I’m pretty confident in the method I’ll be using. Also, likes do not help or hurt your chances of winning.
- You have one (1) week (seven (7) days) to reblog this. Late next Sunday night, my time, (around 10pm EST) I’ll be selecting a winner.
- Have your inbox open, and (duh) be willing to share your mailing address with me. (I doubt this will be a problem, but I’m going to be very frustrated with someone who doesn’t take the time I’m putting into this giveaway seriously.) I will be posting the winner, but I will also need to be able to ask you your choice of prize and where to ship it!
Now for the part you’ve all been waiting for: What the hell am I gonna be giving you?
Well, because I’m a bit lame (and I am a student and I don’t have unlimited resources, although I’m getting a massive check from my parents in place of tax returns because they can still claim me as a dependent and blah blah blahhh), I will be making you a cute little crocheted stuffed animal!
The picture above is just some of the examples; I’m up to trying any (crochet) pattern that you can find on the internet that calls for one (1) skein of yarn. (You don’t have to know what a skein of yarn is, or even know that it’s pronounced “skin”, rather than how it looks like it should be.) The finished product will probably end up monotone (like the pink elephant) or sort of splotchy/rainbow (like the cat/the other elephant) — in other words, I’ll buy no more than one skein of yarn for this project, although I do have some scraps lying around.
It’ll expedite the arrival of your new friend if you have chosen one before I announce the winner, as it could take me up to 3 days to make it and then however long the post decides to take for him/her to get to you. I will ship internationally, and this package will be coming from northern New Jersey.
Also, if you don’t like any of the above and don’t know where to start, here’s a good place: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/toys.php. It also has some fandom-related plushies (like this Doctor Who Adipose Baby) if you would rather one of those. Just remember to look at the pattern for a mention of how much yarn it requires.